Monday, October 25, 2010

Pumpkin Pancakes

Last week I had a major pumpkin craving. I bought some canned pumpkin and I was going to make.......... something! I needed to make dinner and when I don't really want to make dinner I resort to pancakes. Since we have pancakes a lot for dinner I decided to mix it up a little and make pumpkin pancakes. I got online and googled it ( cause let's face it.........you can google anything!) and the recipes I found either had pancake mix or whipped egg whites in it. I'm kind of a pancake snob and like mine from scratch and I am WAY too lazy to whip egg whites, so I made up my own and they were actually quite tasty. Here is the recipe for all you non egg white whippers!


Pumpkin Pancakes:

In a large bowl combine:
  • 2 1/2 c. flour
  • 1 TBS. baking powder
  • 1/2 tsp. salt
  • 1 tsp. cinnamon

In another bowl combine:
  • 2 c. milk
  • 2 eggs
  • 5 TBS. melted butter
  • 1/3 c. brown sugar
  • 1 c. canned pumpkin
  • 1 tsp. vanilla

Add milk mixture to flour mixture. Mix well. Pour 1/4 c. of batter on a greased griddle. Makes enough to feed my family of 7!

Tasty add in's/on's:
  • semi-sweet chocolate chips
  • whip cream
  • vanilla ice cream

(Really can't go wrong with ANY of these!!!)

SUPER SCRUMPTIOUS!!! Even my 2 year old and my picky-eater 4 year old went back for seconds!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment